Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow Days....YEA!

SNOW DAYS!!!!!! Today we had a snow day, and yesterday was a snow day too! This is a teacher's favorite time of year (except for the summer of course=).

We were kinda lazy yesterday. On snow days, I like to do things I can not normally do during the week. I baked FOUR loaves of bread! Three regular white loaves in the oven, and one wheat loaf in the bread maker. I cut one loaf up and made french toast for dinner last night (we are fans of breakfast for dinner). We ate the whole loaf. It was delicious if I do say so myself.

Zach didn't have to go in to work yesterday because it was so bad out, so he got to work in the "man cave" for a few hours and then just hang out with us. Zach and Kole shoveled snow, though I think Zach did most of the shovelling. I salted. Everything is iced over now, though, but atleast we got a little workout!




The freezing rain started coming down around dark so Kole and I went sled riding. We went soooo fast down the hill because it was a sheet of ice!!!


This is the crazy snow man we made with the "perfect kind of snow" as Kole says.



Yes, his eyes are mandaran oranges. The carrot nose. Twigs for hair. And last but certainly not least, beef jerky for the mouth. We are a creative bunch.



Kole was freezing by this point!





And I will leave you with a short clip from Karate class last week. He didn't have a nap this day and you can tell by the lack of attention span. Anywho, enjoy!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a great snowman! I love that he is edible! :)

Anonymous said...

When I looked at the first snowman picture, I thought his eyes looked like oranges. I was right! How clever! I like it that he is edible too!!

By the way --- I'm so glad you are back to blogging. I missed keeping up with you!!

Kristi Petrak said...

Yea! Welcome back to the blogworld. I just love your snowman!! It's calmed down in Pittsburgh, but it's supposed to happen again on Tuesday--GAG. So I might move back to the south, or at fly south for the winter...^_^ J/K

Anonymous said...

Great snowman. So roundish and foodish. Glad you are having fun in the snow and enjoying some days off.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin