Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Ready!? Get Set?!?........

I am 39 weeks pregnant as of this Friday! Wowza. 

As ready as I am...I'm not ready. 

I know it is going to hurt....
I know I am going to be sooo very sleepy. 
I know that I will be a human feeder.
I know how much our lives are going to change.

And it is slightly scary. Did I say slightly? I mean just plain ole scary. 

Yes, I've done this before...kind of. 

This time is so different.

In so many ways, both good and bad. 


There are NUMEROUS things I am so excited for. Please don't misunderstand me.
I can't wait to hold this little man, whom I have felt growing in my belly for 9 months. 
I can't wait to NOT be pregnant anymore! No swollen/hurty feet, goodbye water weight and double chin (I hope), reclaiming my bladder, fitting through tight spaces, the aches and pains that come with being 30 and not 20 years old and preggo....,  etc. 

I will miss the movement. But that is about it=). 
Still, I'm nervous. 



Say a little prayer for us in the next few weeks. I know we will need it.



So here is what I've been up to today to occupy my mind.

I got my hair done! 

I even got my highlight touched up...don't judge. The cut is so perfect. And I freaking love the blonde. 
But you'd better believe it will be some crazy color before the summer is out=). I will take into consideration any and all suggestions on color. Last summer it was hot pink. I dig hot pink. 


Here are a few shots at (almost) 39 weeks. 

 I even included a bare belly shot! Soak it in, folks. This ain't ever happening again.

Our bags are packed! One for me, one for K-man (overnight for the g-parents). My dear hubby doesn't believe he will need anything except contact stuff. We shall see. 



The nursery is complete! Kind of.
Here is the nursery as you walk in the door. The lighting was kinda harsh, so forgive the next several pics.

Details! Z's co-worker gave us this yoda hat. The monkey gets it for now. 

I do have one other quilt to finish, but here is the first one that I finished! It is hanging over the crib. 

This is another angle of the room. The dresser was painted navy by K-man and myself. He even helped me pick out new knobs! The rocking chair was a gift from my g-ma 10 years ago when I had K-man. I recently made the pillow on the rocking chair and have another pillow in the works downstairs. See! The decorating is never REALLY complete. 


 The Changing Table
Baskets from joanns, boppy ready to go for nursing, box shelves spray painted white (got from goodwill), and yoda at the ready. If you look closely, you can see a little pink bunny car perched on top of the box shelf on the right. The was a childhood toy of Z's. And on top of the box on the left, is the most perfectly made eggplant hat from my fav sister-in-law. She's such a talent. I want to be her when I grow up. 



Here is another angle. The blue and green onesies were made by my MIL for the shower. They look so cute hung here too! 

The only thing I am missing is a fantastic rug. But I can't make myself pay an arm and a leg for one. I wanted a big, fluffery, white shag rug. But, alas, it's not going to happen.

And I'm ok with that. 
Sometimes, you just gotta let go. 

=). 

Wish me luck!


4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Yea! Your belly looks great, YOU look great!!!

The nursery is very cute and the color scheme is perfect.

I know you're nervous, but it will all come so naturally when he gets here... right now, is the scary time. :)

Zach said...

I don't need anything but contacts.

Aunt Becky said...

The nursery looks great! And you look BEAUTIFUL!! You look so much like Kaitlyn in the picture showing your new hair highlight. I thought it was her in the mirror at first!

Anxiety is normal - you will do great! And what an amazing momma you will be to this little guy! As you already are to Kole.

Hope I get to see you (and little man) when I'm in next week.

Kathy, Mom said...

The nursery is beautiful. You're gorgeous too. Get ready. .... It's going to be a wild ride. I'm here for whatever you need.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin