Friday, January 4, 2013

Dreaming of Spring.....

It hits me about this time every year....I miss dirt.

I miss warm weather, my garden, fresh produce from my backyard, chickens who lay, sunshine, growth,.......the list could go on and on.
It's possible I have that winter weather depression thingy.

So to get myself out of the funk, and get my head into a gardening "space", I am pouring myself into seed catalogs and planning my 2013 garden.

Here is my little green book!!

I started this book at least a year ago, if not two. Before pinterest was a huge deal. 
I keep it in my purse at all times...so when inspiration strikes, I'm ready! 
I glue things from magazines, I write down random ideas, make lists, etc. Every topic is covered as well! From christmas gifts, to crafts, to garden it is all covered. 
Basically, if you were to pick up this book and read it, it would be like peeking inside of my brain. Probably pretty confusing...lol. But it has been so helpful to me in keeping track of it all!! 



I've been going through my seed catalogs!!!

These three were just the closest to my computer. There are several more scattered around the house. 
I have a list of new things I want to try this year! 

~Dry Beans: Calypso, Tiger Eye, Lina Sisco's Bird Egg, and Jacobs Cattle.

~More and different varieties of squash, like Lakota and Spaghetti Squash.

~Plant a cutting flower garden on the terraces behind the house: varieties will include but not limited to: sunflowers!!, zinnias!!, Cleome, Snapdragon, Butterfly Flower, etc. Perhaps sell some flowers during the summer at the local marketplace here in our small community?!? 

I've also been making lists of what needs done before the spring so I can keep track of it all! I've written down eureka moments of where to move and start certain crops, what is needed to make our garden/greenhouse more functional and enjoyable, frost dates and dates of when to start each different crop......its an extensive list that I am sure to add to as time goes on. 

I just love this.....



So, my mind is full of sunshine, but my acre is full of snow. 
Just checked on chickens....5 eggs...woot woot! Maybe there is hope after all=). 


Speaking of chickens....guess who is getting chicks this spring!??! So pumped!!!




No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin